2 Day RDS Pistol – “Train the Trainer” Instructional Training Program
August 28 @ 8:00 am - August 29 @ 5:00 pm$525.00
The 2 Day RDS Instructional course sponsored by the Forest Lake Police Department is designed to give department instructional staff a hands-on experience of MRDS handgun familiarization, training, skill and technique development and presentation points for their departmental training objectives. This course will provide the student trainer with a solid basic understanding of the RDS, common RDS issues and operations and the best effective instructional methodology and use of the RDS for duty and tactical applications. There will be a heavy emphasis on Shooter Coach Instruction, Teach Backs, Program Development and Problem Solving with extensive Firearms Drills.
Day One – Foundational RDS Skills and Instructor Development
Day 2 – Train the Trainer RDS Skills – Departmental Programs and Instructional Student Problem Solving. O.D.R. Methodology.
- Classroom Power Point and Discussion
- Benefits / Drawbacks / Limitations
- Instructional Diagnostics and Problem Solving
- Shooter Fundamentals problem solving
- Parallax and Optics – W/ Drills
- Optic and the science of aiming
- Focal Plans
- Sighted / Aim Fire
- Dot presentation
- Optic types, selection, and issues
- System Failures and Issues – Optic Failures, Co-Witnessing, Occluded Optics Drills, BUIS and options, Fractured Lenses Drills, Stadia Lines, Line of Sight Fire
- System Functionality – Optics types
- Equipment, Holster Acquisition Drills w/ FTX’s
- Firearm fundamentals applied to the MRDS
- Shooter Analysis and Diagnostics – O.D.R. Methodology
- Optics Challenge FTX – Stress, Acclimation and FTX’s
- Instructional / Skill Development – Failure as an option and Micro Drills
- Presentation and Drawing from the Holster
- Reloads with the RDS
- Malfunction and Remediation – Weapon and Optics
- Low Light Concepts – Discussion and Demo
- Learning to trust the Dot
- Departmental programs, Course development and FTX’s
- Instructional and Course Teach Backs
- Students will receive handouts with all of the various drills presented.
- RDS equipped Handgun with 3 magazines (single stack, 5-7 magazines) and fresh batteries
- Duty Holster, Duty belt / gear
- Range Bag and RDS Armoring equipment
- Magazine pouch(s)
- Vests are required
- Minimum 600 rounds range ammunition
- Ear and Eye protection (Clear Eye protection mandatory)
- Ball Cap
- Long sleeves recommended (long pants mandatory)
100 count pack of 3” POST- it – Notes.
Optional: (recommended) gear:
- Magazine Loaders
- Off range hydration systems or supplies
Prerequisites: Students must be previous Firearms Instructor certified. Students MUST have an RDS equipped pistol (duty) and holster for participation in the class.
Note: Student should be at the training facility 15 minutes prior to the start of the course. Please have all weapons systems and magazines unloaded for the course.
Post Credits: 16